Dr. Beth A. Berret, SPHR
Associate Professor of Business
Coordinator of MBA Program
SHRM Student Chapter Advisor
- Ed.D Higher Education/Leadership, Widener University, Chester, PA
- MBA, Philadelphia University
- BS, Business Administration, Bloomsburg University
SPHR Certified, Senior Professional in Human Resources.
Areas of Interest
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Hiring of Part-time Employees
- International Leadership
Representative Courses Taught
- Management Principles
- Human Resource Management (undergraduate, MBA, & Ph.D.)
- Labor Relations
- Strategic Management (undergraduate & MBA)
Presentations & Publications
- The Effect of Short Term Travel Abroad Programs on the Intensity of Student and Perception Changes: A Longitudinal Study 2001-2009 paper presented at the Eastern Education Research Association's Annual Conference, Florida, February 2011
- Co-authored book Planning in Reverse A Viable Approach to Organizational Leadership published by Rowman & Littlefield Education. ISBN: 978-1-60709-793-8. February, 2011.
- "Tenure Track Faculty Perceptions of Leadership Capacity in Adjunct Faculty: The Need to Maintain Franciscan Identity" paper presented at the ASBBS Conference in Las Vegas, February 2010.
- Comparing the Intensity of Student Attitude and Perception Changes Toward Foreign Countries from Short-Term Travel Abroad Programs: A Preliminary Longitudinal Study paper presented at the Eastern Education Research Association's Annual Conference, Savannah, GA, 2010
- Co-presented Investigating the Need for Contingent Faculty Inclusion in Shared Collegiate Governance to Maintain Faculty Leadership in the Academy at the Eastern Education Research Association's Annual Conference, Sarasot, FL, February 2009
- Co-Presented article Examining the Participation of Contingent Faculty in the Shared Governance of Institutions of Higher Education, 2009
- Co-Presented Building Better Relationships: Learning How to Reduce Interpersonal Conflicts 2008
- Essentials of Working Together, Customer Service, Corporate Team Building, Diversity Training—Business Presentations 2003-2007
- Enhancing Your Leadership Skills for Program Success 2006
- Essential Elements of Hiring New Faculty at the EERA Conference 2005
- Building a Student Chapter 101 SHRM National Conference 2004
- Co-Authored Setting Up Shop in Vietnam published in Global Workforce 1998
2009 National SHRM Foundation Faculty Advisor of the Year
2011 Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award from the Christian R. & Mary F. Lindback FOundation presented for excellence in teaching.