Dr. Woosoon Kim
Assistant Professor of Business
- Ph.D. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2010, Major: Sport Management.
- M.B.A. Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 2005, Specialization: Finance
- B.S. Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2003, Major: Economics
- B.A. Pusan National University, Pusan, South Korea, 1999, Major: Accounting
Areas of Interest
- Impact analysis including economic and social assessment
- Sport Industry Financial Performance
- SM 201 Introduction to Sport Management\
- SM 210 Sport in Society
- SM 325 Sport Marketing, Promotions, and Funding
- SM 310 Facility and Event Management
- SM 455 Sport Management Seminar
- BUS 101 Financial Accounting
- BUS 200 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 301 Advanced Accounting
- BUS 312 International Business I
- BUS 332 Operations Management
- BUS 402 Auditing
- BUS 410 Financial Analysis
- BUS 411 Corporate Finance
- PED 119 Taekwondo
- MBA 502 Accounting for the Workplace
- MBA 510 Managerial Accounting
- MBA 630 Management Finance
- MBA 575 Investment and Portfolio Management
- Kim, W., & Walker, M. (2012). Community residents’ psychological benefits: The case of Super Bowl XLIII. Sport Management Review, 15, 91-108.
- Kim, W., Kim, W., & Rim, H. (2015, May). The initial stage of Sport Index (SI) development. Annual conference of Pennsylvania Economics Association. Reading, PA.
- Kim, W., & Tufan, T. (2015, May). Social impact, Psychic income, analysis of Maple Grove Raceway: The initial stage of scale development. Annual conference of Pennysylvania Economics Association. Reading, PA.
- Kim, W., & Sagas, M. (2012, May). Psychic income and college students’ college satisfaction from their football team. Annual conference of North American Society for Sport Management. Seattle, WA.
- Kim, W., Sagas, M., & Walker, M. (2011, April). College students’ psychic income from their Big-time college football team: Scale development and validation. 4th Annual College Sport Research Institute Conference on College Sport. Chapel Hill, NC.
- Kim, W., Walker, M., & Sagas, M. (2010, May). Tampa Bay residents’ psychological benefits from a mega-sport event: The impact of Super Bowl XLIII, 2009. Annual conference of North American Society for Sport Management. Tampa, Florida.
- Kim, W. & Kim, C. H. (2010, April). Resident’s attitude toward the impact of a sport mega-event: A confirmatory factor analysis of the scale of psychic income. 6th annual conference of Southern Sport Management Conference. Troy, AL.
- Bopp, T., Williams, T., Kim, W., & Sagas, M. (2010, March). American College Sports: International business perspectives. Korea University. Seoul, S. Korea.
- Kim, W. (2009, October). Community residents’ psychic income from hosting sport events. 5th annual conference of Florida Society of the Social Science. Gainesville, FL.
- Kim, W. (2009, June). Residents’ psychological benefits from a sport event: The impact of Daytona 500. Presented at the annual conference of North American Society for Sport Management. Columbia, SC.
- Kim, W., Ko, Y. J., & Zhang, J. J. (2008, November). Assessment of community residents’ psychological benefits from a sport event: The case of Daytona Beach residents’ perceptions of Daytona 500. Sport Entertainment & Venues Tomorrow. Columbia, SC.
- Ko, Y. J., Kim, Y. K, & Kim, W. (2007, November). The Profiles of Martial Arts Event Spectators: The Case of 2007 US Open Taekwondo Championship. International Conference of Sport & Entertainment Business. Columbia, SC.
Woosoon Kim, Ph.D., MBA
Assistant Professor of Business
Business & Education Building