The sport industry, ranked one of the twenty largest industries in the United States, provides a wealth of opportunities for students aspiring towards business careers in the sport world. Alvernia’s Sport Management degree provides students with knowledge and skills needed to excel in the $350 billion sport industry.
This interdisciplinary and comprehensive program provides students with specific competencies in management, marketing, communication, law, finance and accounting, economics, ethics, and computer literacy as they relate to sport. In addition, the program provides critical thinking, writing, and problem solving skills that are essential ingredients to success in today’s workplaces. Internships are an integral part of the Alvernia Sport Management program.
Professor Travis A. Berger's academic interests include leadership and administration, servant leadership, organizational development, and sociology.
Graduates of Sport Management are prepared to move on to exciting and rewarding careers in the following sport industry segments:
• Professional, Collegiate, and Interscholastic Sports
• Professional Tour Events (Pro Cycling Tour, LPGA)
• Sport Governing Bodies (NCAA, MLS, IOC, ACC, PIAA)
• Sport Marketing Companies
• Sports and Recreation Facilities
• Health, Fitness, and Sport Clubs
• Sport Events (tournaments, races)
• Sport Camps
• Sporting Good Manufacturers
• Sporting Good Retailers
Dr. Scott Ballantyne, PRSBA
Associate Professor of Business