Rosemary C. McFee, M.Ed.
Instructor, Criminal Justice Department
Advisor, Criminal Justice Association
Bernardine Hall 003C
M.Ed., Social Restoration, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
B.S., Law Enforcement and Corrections, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- CJ 216 - Women and the Criminal Justice System
- CJ 272 - Probation and Parole
- CJ 274 - Corrections and Rehabilitation
- CJ 275 - Criminology
- CJ 377 - Juvenile Delinquency and Justice
- CJ 411 - Domestic Violence
- CJ Special Topic Course - Writing for the Criminal Justice Professional
- Assessment/Student Learning
- Community Collaborations
- Juvenile Delinquency and Justice
- Management and Leadership
- Probation and Parole
- Student Leadership Programs
- "Incorporating University Mission into the Criminal Justice Curriculum" - Presented at the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Annual Conference, February 19, 2014, Philadelphia, PA
- "Juvenile Delinquency-Prevention Techniques" - Presented at the Alvernia University Seniors College, February 4, 2014
- "From Retirement to the Classroom - Lessons Learned, Lessons Taught" - Presented at the Middle Atlantic States Correctional Association (MASCA) 2013 Annual Conference June 11, 2013, Ocean City, MD.
- "Impact of Community Collaborations (Update)" - Presented at the PA District Convention of Kiwanis International, August 17, 2012, Indiana, PA
- "Schools and Clubs: Who Benefits?" - Presented at the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Annual Conference, New York, March 16, 2012
- "Impact of Community Collaborations" - Presented at the Pennsylvania District Mid-Winter Convention of Kiwanis International, March 3, 2012, State College, PA.
- Collaboration of Kiwanis International, Juvenile Probation and the Courts" - Presented at the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada, March 2011
- "Federal Incentives, Myths and Facts" - Moderated at the Eastern Regional Interstate Child Support Annual Conference, May 23, 2011, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Presentations at local and state meetings, institutions, schools and organizations regarding Probation and Parole and Child Support issues.
PROFESSIONAL JOB EXPERIENCE
- Alvernia University, Full-time Instructor of Criminal Justice, 2010 - Present
- Alvernia University, Adjunct Instructor of Criminal Justice, 1996-2010
- County of Lehigh, 1977-2010
- Director, Domestic Relations Section
- Deputy Director, Adult Probation Department
- Probation/Parole Officer, Adult and Juvenile Probation Departments
- Past Consultant, National Institute of Corrections
ASSOCIATIONS AND AWARDS
- Member, National Center for Victims of Crime
- Member, Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Member, American Probation and Parole Association
- Member, Alpha Phi Sigma
- Member, Delta Epsilon Sigma, Epsilon Gamma Chapter
- Member, American Association of University Professors
- Member, Kiwanis International
- PA District Trustee and Region VI Trustee - 2010 - 2013
- Past Lt. Governor of Division 18
- Current Secretary and Past President, Kiwanis Club of Southern Lehigh
- "Life Membership Award" - Awarded Life Membership in the Pennsylvania District of Kiwanis International "in recognition and honor for outstanding efforts to further the objectives of Kiwanis in Pennsylvania". Awarded in October 2013.
- "Century Award" - Awarded by the Pennsylvania Kiwanis Foundation for a generous contribution to the programs of the Foundation, specifically designated for the PA Early Childhood Education Program. Awarded on August 17, 2013
- "Kiwanian of the Year Award" - Awarded in 2004 and 1995
- Kiwanis "Hixson Fellow Award" - Awarded for outstanding achievement in a Kiwanis club. Awarded in 1998.
- "2008 NIKE Award" - Presented by the Business and Professional Women's Club of Lehigh Valley in recognition of success achieved in the business world, community involvement and positive image for working women". Presented on October 20, 2008.