The following pre-requisite courses must be completed with a final grade of “C” or better:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II - 4 credits each with lab
- Biology I - 3/4 credits
- Chemistry I and II - 4 credits each with lab
- Physics I and II - 4 credits each with lab
- Social Sciences – 6-9 credits (psychology, sociology/anthropology, humanities)
- Statistics - 3 credits
- English Composition/Writing - 3 credits
Additional admission requirements include:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4+3), GPA of 3.5 (3+3), or better
- Science GPA of 3.0 (4+3), GPA of 3.3 (3+3), or better
- A minimum of 40 hours of observation in a Physical Therapy setting (4+3 and 3+3)
- Three letters of reference (PT, Professor, other) (4+3 and 3+3)
- Favorable GRE scores (4+3 only)
- Written essay (4+3 only)
- Must apply via the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) (4+3 only)
*Admission Requirements subject to change.
Graduation from a physical therapist education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; phone; 703-706-3245; email@example.com is necessary for eligibility to sit for the licensure examination, which is required in all states.
Alvernia University is seeking accreditation of a new physical therapist education program from CAPTE. The program will submit an Application for Candidacy, which is the formal application required in the pre-accreditation stage. Submission of this document does not assure that the program will be granted Candidate for Accreditation status. Achievement of Candidate for Accreditation status is required prior to implementation of the professional phase of the program; therefore, no students may be enrolled in professional courses until Candidate for Accreditation status has been achieved. Further, though achievement of Candidate for Accreditation status signifies satisfactory progress toward accreditation, it does not assure that the program will be granted accreditation.