- Bachelor of Arts in Theology, Immaculata University, Immaculata University, Immaculata, PA 1967
- Master of Science in Education, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 1974
- Post Baccalaureate Courses, Penn State University
- 2001 Certified in Volunteer Administration; National Certification from the Association for Volunteer Administration
- 1991 Tax Collector, Borough of Shillington, Governor Mifflin School District
- 1991 Pennsylvania Notary Public
- 1985 Certified District Justice, State of Pennsylvania
- 1981 Teaching Certification, Connecticut State Board of Education
- 1974 Teaching Certification, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Department Chair of Education, Alvernia University
- Coordinator of Graduate Program, Alvernia University
- Associate Professor of Education, Alvernia University
- Established and administered Alvernia University Community Service Program. During these years, Alvernia students logged close to 275,000 hours of service to the community for a labor value of $4,000,000.00. The program was recognized twice by the John Templeton Foundation. Alvernia was among the first colleges to establish service as an Academic Graduation Requirement.
- Assistant Professor of Education, Alvernia University
- Teacher, St. Ignatius Loyola, Whitfield, PA
- Teacher and Presenter, New London Junior High School, New London, Connecticut
- Teacher for Allentown Diocese; St. Paul's, St. Catharine of Sienna, and St. Ignatius Loyola
- Reading School District - Taught by day at the elementary level and served as a cooperating teacher for Kutztown and Alvernia University. I also worked in the Adult Evening Division and prepared the students for the GEC and taught ESL classes. This program later became Reading Area Community College.
- Member of Sister Servants of Immaculate Heart of Mary Religious Community. The Sisters served several countries and states in both education and social services. As a member, I taught as well as being an administrator and supervisor in various parochial parish and high schools. I had experience in inner city schools as well as suburban and worked with students K-Adult for a total of 12 years.
Ellen Engler, MS Ed.
Associate Professor of Education