- Background Check Policy - Academic Programs
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) - Paper Application
- PA State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34) - Paper Application
- PA State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34) - Online Application
- FBI Fingerprinting (Act 114)
- Online Application System (COGENT)
TB Screening Information
- Tuberculosis Screening is only necessary for Student Teaching.
- FREE screenings are done at the campus Health & Wellness Center (Veronica Hall) during office hours. Please call 610.568.1467 to schedule an appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Please note you will need to return to the Health & Wellness Center 48-72 hours after receiving the TB test to complete the screening.
Required Physicals for Certification
- Section III of the General Application for Pennsylvania Certificate Form PDE 338-G requires certification applicants obtain a physical from a United States licensed physician.
- FREE physicals are done at the campus Health & Wellness Center (Veronica Hall) by appointment only.
- To schedule an appointment with campus physician, Dr. Claire Murphy, contact the Health & Wellness Center @ 610-568-1467.
- Health Form required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
Handbooks & Templates
- Student Teaching Handbook
- Principal Internship Handbook
- Lesson Plan Template (DOC) - Required lesson plan format
- Elements for Unit Plan - Required format
- Rubric for Lesson Plan
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
- Standards Aligned System (SAS)
New location of PA State Standards, Assessment Anchors, and Eligible Content
- Teacher Information Management System (TIMS)
New location for online application for all PA certifications
- Application for Certification Candidacy - Refer to application for Requirements
- Field Experience Application
- Practicum Application
- Student Teaching Application
- Standard PA Teaching Application
- PAEducator.net - Recruiting and hiring service for teachers, school districts, and IU's.
- PAREAP.net - National online recruitment and application service for educators.
- Graduation Application
- Important Deadlines -
- For May Graduation APPLY BY October 1st
- For August Graduation APPLY BY December 1st
- For December Graduation APPLY BY March 1st
- Important Deadlines -
Steven A. Melnick, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
Watch, Learn, Apply!
Alvernia's Undergraduate, Masters, Certifications, and Ph.D. programs help you meet the challenges of education with innovative, engaging teaching methodologies. Learn more.