Seniors College Clubs
Lunch Bunch Discussion Club
11:15 AM (lunch) 12:30 PM (program)
Alvernia University, Student Center Dining Hall/Seminar Rooms
Classes begin January 30, 2017
- January 31 — “The Life of a Newspaper Reporter” - Bruce Posten
- February 7 — “The UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” — Dr. Spencer Stober, Professor of Biology, Educational Leadership - We will discuss 17 goals recently adopted by world leaders in light of “weak” and “strong” perspectives on environmental sustainability.
- February 14 — “Discover the Common Thread” — Sr. Shawn Kathleen Wilson, OSF — Director, McGlinn Conference and Spirituality Center — Bernardine Franciscans, Ellis Island, A Miracle in the Snow, Crash Carts, Alvernia ...
- February 21 — “Berks Country Floor Plan” - An inside look at local country homes - Michelle Napoletano Lynch, Reporter, Reading Eagle Company.
- February 28 — “Boscov’s Berks Jazz Fest” - Berks Jazz Fest General Manager, John Ernesto will discuss the upcoming 27th annual event.
Book Review Club
First Wednesday of every month - resumes January 4
11:30AM – 1:00PM Alvernia University, Student Center, Private Dining Room
Call Dianne Walker, 610-413-0790
- Review January 4 - “Enrique’s Journey” by Sonia Nazario
- Review February 1 - “The Nightingale” by Kristen Hannah
- Review March 1 - “Soot” by Mickey Getty (visiting author)
Third Wednesday of every month - resumes January 18
11:30AM – 1:00PM – Upland Center, Rm. 103
Call Karen Focht - 610-777-9305
This is a time for iPad users to share iPad knowledge. Meetings will discuss iPad user problems, frustrations, and fun.
Seniors College Womens’ Chorus - The Vintage Voices
Each Tuesday - resumes January 10
1:00PM – 2:30PM, Immanuel UCC, 99 S.Waverly St., Shillington PA
Call Deanna Reuben, Director - 610-207-7261