How to Apply:
Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility
Along with your completed application accompanied by $100 non-refundable application fee, you’ll need to provide a few supporting materials. Because there’s lead time required for some items, here’s a step-by-step process that seems to work best for candidates:
- Complete your online or paper application. While you wait for your transcripts to be processed, you can begin your online application, which lets you build, edit and save sections of your application along the way. Or you can download your Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility application. We strongly recommend using either Firefox or Chrome browsers when completing the online application. Please note if you have already submitted your application, you can check the progress of your application by logging onto Alvernia’s Self-Service Center. If you would like an application mailed to you, please email or call the Program Office at 1-888-ALVERNIA extension 1924.
- Order your official transcript(s). Official transcript(s) indicating that the applicant has earned an appropriate graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Personal Statement. One-page personal statement that summarizes the value of the program for his/her personal and professional growth and development.
- Professional Resume.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters are accepted from former professors, employers, or supervisors familiar with the applicant’s professional experiences, or from religious or community leaders.
- Additional Evidence of potential for success. Items such as academic or professional awards, special certifications, samples of scholarly or creative work, and completion of specialized examinations. (not required, but encouraged)
- Interview with the program director. After all the required application materials have been received, each applicant will be contacted to arrange for a personal interview.
Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility with Ph.D. Program
Please note if you plan to apply to the Ph.D. Program along with the Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility, there is one more additional requirement:
- Scores from a graduate entrance exam. Scores submitted from a graduate entrance exam such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).