Alvernia will host the Roadtrip Nation RV on main campus October 3rd.
Roadtrip Nation is a movement to get young adults to define their own road in life based on what they’re truly passionate about. Roadies hop in an (green!) RV and travel the country interviewing people who have followed their passion and do what they love. They have interviewed CEOs, artists, inventors, actors, activist, scientists, philanthropists, and even Hugh Hefner.
Check out roadtripnation.com to learn more about the current (8th) season.Start Date: 10/3/2012 10:00 am
End Date: 10/3/2012 6:00 pm
Location: Main Campus — Look for the big GREEN motorhome
Career Services, Megan Adukaitis
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.