Graduate and Continuing Studies Information Night
Discover Alvernia University!
Here’s the first thing you need to know: We take your goals personally.
At Alvernia, no matter where you want to go, we want to help you get there. We’ll help you create a path to success that’s as individual as you are. Whether you want to advance your career or start a new one, Alvernia’s upcoming Information Night is the place to get started. Learn the specifics about graduate and continuing studies degree programs. Meet the professors and faculty you’ll be learning from. Discuss how you can get there with admission counselors. Meet and network with colleagues (and future classmates).
And for students who get employer tuition reimbursement, Alvernia offers a Tuition Deferment program. The program allows you to start your education with no upfront costs, and hold payment until the end of the semester. Stop by our February 19th Information Night, and we'll even waive the application fee to help get you started! All Graduate and Continuing Studies Information Nights are held at the Alvernia University Upland Center located at 540 Upland Avenue, Reading, PA 19611.
Upcoming Information Night:
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - (5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
Location: Alvernia University Upland Center 540 Upland Avenue, Reading, PA 19611
• 5:30-6:00 p.m. - Networking reception
• 6:00-7:00 p.m. - Program specific breakout sessions by area of interest.
You'll be able to learn more about either of our Graduate Degree programs, graduate education certification programs, or our Ph.D. program. We'll also offer sessions for anyone interested in our Continuing Studies Degree programs such as a Bachelor of Arts Degree, Bachelor of Science Degree or Associate of Science Degree programs with several areas of study. Please R.S.V.P. on our website using the form in the top right corner.
End Date: 2/19/2013 7:00 pm
Location: Alvernia University Upland Center, 540 Upland Avenue, Reading, PA 19611
Sponsor: School of Graduate and Continuing Studies
Contact: Visit our website or call 610.796.8228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.