The Miller Gallery - THEO ANDERSON/FOURTEEN PHOTOGRAPHS
The Miller Gallery presents an exhibition of photographs selected from photographer Theo Anderson from his ongoing work CADILLAC. FOURTEEN PHOTOGRAPHS is a selection of American social landscapes made at locations in Pennsylvania. "The photographs are not so much about place as they are about transformation," said Anderson. "The context of everyday American life is used in my visual exploration. The search began in the the early twenty-first century and is expressed in a myriad of episodes that inform my life."
Anderson is an accomplished photographer who creates compelling photographs for editorial, advertising and institutional clients. A master printer, Anderson designs, prints and binds his editioned artists books under the moniker, wilbureditions. Anderson has recently published several handmade artists books including GUN CRIMES (2012), COCA-COLA (2012), PENNSYLVANIA (2013) and SNAFU (2013).
Anderson's works are part of the permanent collections Museum of Fine Art Houston and Allentown Art Museum.
Start Date: 8/16/2013 11:30 am
End Date: 10/11/2013 6:30 pm
Location: Alvernia's Miller Gallery
Sponsor: Office of Arts & Culture
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.