Ball in the House
Indie vocal band, Ball in the House, brilliantly blends a wide range of influences from classic R&B to pop, hip-hop and gospel with an a cappella sound that has amazed millions. They have performed with such artists as The Temptations, Gladys Knight, Smokey Robinson, The Beach Boys and The Jonas Brothers.Start Date: 9/22/2013 5:00 pm
End Date: 9/22/2013 8:00 pm
Location: Francis Hall Amphitheater
Price: Free Outdoor Event (Reserved tickets required)
Sponsor: Alvernia Office of Arts & Culture
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.