1. Apply for admission to Alvernia University. Both the admissions and financial aid applications should be submitted as early as possible. Don’t wait to apply for financial aid until you receive an admissions decision. In order to receive a financial aid offer, you must be accepted for admission.
2. As soon as possible after October 1, you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be submitted online at www.fafsa.gov. Adult Education students who are Pennsylvania residents should file the FAFSA before the May 1 state grant deadline. Be sure to list Alvernia University as one of the schools that will receive your information. Our school code is 003233. Your information will be processed and forwarded to Alvernia within approximately two weeks.
3. A financial aid package is prepared and mailed only when your FAFSA has been received, you have been accepted to Alvernia University, and you are registered for classes. If you have any questions after you have reviewed your package, please contact our Office of Student Financial Planning for assistance.
4. If you are a Pennsylvania resident, you may be eligible for the state grant program. Your FAFSA application will serve as the initial application for state grant eligibility, and your FAFSA must be processed by May 1 to be considered for the award in the next academic year. If you are transferring to Alvernia University from another institution, please let the state know by logging onto your Account Access at www.PHEAA.org, or by calling at 800-692-7392. Please respond to any requests from PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency) as soon as possible.
5. In addition to grants that may be included in your award package, you may see student loan options as well. Complete any loan applications as early as possible. The Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling can be completed at www.studentloans.gov.
6. Respond immediately to requests for information such as tax returns. Missing information may delay your financial aid processing.
For more information, please review our printable financial aid flier for Adult Education students.
400 Saint Bernardine Street
1st Floor – Bernardine Hall
Reading, PA 19607
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Summer Office Hours*
Mon - Th: 8:00 am – 5 pm
Fri - 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
*Starting on June 2nd