Sport Management Association
“Some people call it just sports--We call it a business”
The Sport Management Association (SMA) is open to any Alvernia University undergraduate or graduate student who is interested in athletics. The mission of the SMA is to promote sport and the field of sport management, to support Alvernia student-athletes, to provide educational experiences and career training opportunities, and to embody and advance the mission of Alvernia University, “to learn, to love, to serve”, by enriching the lives of youth in the Reading and surrounding areas through sport. If you love sport, this association is for you.
Woosoon Kim, Ph.D.
Some Events Coordinated by the SMA:
• 2008 Ultimate Athlete Competition at Spring Fling
• 76er’s Career Day at the Wachovia Center
• 2007 Duryea Extreme Downhill Mountain Bike Race
• 2007 Spring Fling: Alvernia’s Ultimate Athlete Competition
• SMA Half Court Shoot-Out at Alvernia basketball games
• Resume writing workshop