What can I do with a major in Nursing?At Alvernia, the Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) prepares generalist practitioners for a variety of health care environments. The RN-BSN Completion Program is designed for registered nurses who are graduates of a diploma or associate degree nursing program but lack the bachelor's degree required for administrative positions or admission to graduate nursing programs in research, consulting, teaching or a clinical specialization.
Strategies• Obtain internship
• Volunteer in medical/health-care settings
• Develop organizational skills
• Take electives in psychology, advanced physiology, communication and technology
• Develop management and leadership skills
• Consider graduate school or advance practice
• Gain experience in handling emergencies
• Consider studying another language
Over 100 professional journals are printed for individuals in the field of nursing.
At least 25 of them are currently available on-line. Below is only a sample.
Journal of Neonatal Nursing
Best Nursing Degrees
Nursing Career Information
Nursing Net: Online mentoring about careers and career issues
Nurseweek: Nursing and Medicine Today
Public Health Careers Links
American Nurses Association Nurse's Career Center
Hospital Jobs Online
Nursing jobs in Pennsylvania
Nurseweek/Healthweek Job Listings
Social Services Jobs
Director of Career Development
Career Development Office:
Bernardine Hall, Suite 103
Monday - Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Evening hours by appointment.