• Alvernia University requires all students to submit proof of 2 MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccines, and the first one must be on or after the first birthday. The Health and Wellness Center maintains records on all Alvernia University students.
• College students of all ages are considered a high risk group for measles transmission.
• Health and Wellness provides MMR vaccine by appointment and at a cost of approximately $70-$80, billed to your student account. Most primary care offices and urgent care centers also stock MMR and can bill your health insurance.
• Students born before 1957 are presumed to have natural immunity due to the prevalence of disease at that time and do not need to be vaccinated.
• If there is a case of measles on our campus or at one of our centers, the Department of Health and/or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) may require us to exclude students who are unimmunized and therefore at high risk of getting the disease from attending classes/ work. Depending on the student's major and coursework for the semester, the university will work with the student to determine the best option for making up coursework — which could be completing work from home, withdrawing from certain courses, or a full medical leave of absence.
• Call the Health and Wellness Center at 610-568-1467 for an appointment to update your MMR vaccine or - if you are a student at one of our centers - for an appropriate referral.
Located in Veronica Hall
Monday 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM