Criminal Justice Information Night
Discover Alvernia University's Distinctive Criminal Justice Program!
Personal attention from criminal justice faculty and staff starts before you ever enter an Alvernia classroom. It begins at our Criminal Justice Information Night, where you'll able to learn about our distinctive program with professors and Alvernia staff.
You can learn more about the Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice Administration and how Alvernia makes it possible for working adults to complete a bachelor degree. The program offers everything you'll need to be successful in law enforcement, corrections, courts, probation, parole, private security, and other related careers. The curriculum is designed to provide adult learners with expert instruction on the most current trends, policies and practices in the field.
And if you get employer tuition reimbursement, you'll learn how Alvernia offers a Tuition Deferment Program that simplifies your finances. You start your education with no upfront costs, and don't need to pay until the end of the semester.
Stop by our upcoming Criminal Justice Information Night, and we'll even waive the application fee to help get you started. We'll be here to help you get ahead by going back!
Upcoming Information Night:
Start Date: 1/29/2013
Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 - (5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
Location: Alvernia University Upland Center 540 Upland Avenue, Reading, PA 19611
End Date: 1/29/2013 7:00 pm
Location: Upland Center
Sponsor: School of Graduate and Adult Education
Contact: For more information visit the Criminal Justice Information Night page.
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.