Trip: Ringling Bros Circus
Elephants, tigers, acrobats and clowns come together to bring you The Greatest Show on Earth! Join us for an evening at the circus as we watch Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey present: Built to Amaze! Your reservation on this trip includes transportation to and from Philadelphia, your ticket, and refreshments on the return trip. The bus will leave the University from the Student Center at 1:00 pm, and depart Philadelphia after the show. $20 AU Students, $25 AU Faculty and Staff, $30 Guests.
End Date: 2/17/2013 7:00 pm
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
Sponsor: The Office of Student Activities
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.