Christopher Collins Lee & Merynda Adams
Internationally renowned violinist Christopher Collins Lee brings his talents to the Alvernia stage with popular harpist Merynda Adams.
Currently a concert master of 14 orchestras around the world, Collins Lee has performed thousands of concerts and is a past Official Musical Ambassador of the U.S. Department of State.
He has received top prizes in the Carl Flesch International Competition, the Tibor Varga International Competition and the J.S. Bach International Violin Competition. He has also received The Lion D’or of the French government, a Guggenheim Grant, the Belgian American Award, and The Fritz Kreisler Prize.
Adams is a harpist who made her New York debut to a sold-out Carnegie Recital Hall as a 1994 winner of the Artists International Competition.
Described by the Newark Star Ledger as having “played the harp with color and great facility” she is in high demand as a soloist and chamber musician throughout the metropolitan area. Ms. Adams is a graduate of the Manhattan School of Music where she was a merit scholarship student of Kathleen Bride. She attended the Hilversums Conservatorium in the Netherlands with Erika Waardenburg and studied with Sara Bullen, Gloria Agostini and Elizabeth Fontan-Binoche.Start Date: 3/19/2013 8:30 pm
End Date: 3/19/2013 10:00 pm
Location: Francis Hall Theater & Recital Hall
Price: General Public: $18/$20 Students: $15 Alvernia Students: $10 *$5 off Faculty/Staff, Seniors College, Alumni
Francis Hall Box Office
- History: Established as a private four-year liberal arts college in 1958, Alvernia celebrated its 50th year by being awarded university status in 2008.
- Heritage: Founded by the Bernardine Sisters, a Catholic religious order, the university embraces the Franciscan core values of service, humility, collegiality, contemplation and peacemaking.
- Motto: “To Learn, To Love, To Serve”
- Campus: The main campus in Reading is 121 acres, with two satellite campuses in Philadelphia and Pottsville (Schuylkill County).
- Location: Our residential campus is situated three miles from center-city Reading, in the scenic Blue Mountain area of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Enrollment: 3,000 students attend Alvernia including 1,500 traditional undergraduates, 600 continuing education students, and 780 graduate students. Over 77% of first-year students live on campus.
- Faculty: Our professors are accomplished scholars, experts in their fields, and supportive mentors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes are 20 students or fewer.
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, member of the Commonwealth Conference of the Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation and member of Eastern College Athletic Conference, 8 men’s and 10 women’s intercollegiate sports.